Wood floor stripping is the process of removing the old wax finish from your flooring and preparing it for applying new one. The remove of the old wax finish is needed when the finish begins to build up, the color begins to change and when the simple everyday cleaning is not enough anymore and you are not satisfied with results. We have rich experience in Greater London with all kinds of wood flooring services and we think, that stripping is one of the most intense, precise and time consuming job. Now, floor strippers are not what they used to be, nowadays there are more safe and secure alternatives on the market in difference to the old heavy duty solvents, but still floor stripping is not your typical DIY project and it needs to be done by professionals.
In our previous floor waxing post we already explained to you the main process of floor stripping and preparation needed. Whenever you contact Flooring Services London member through e-mail or phone, you can always get further information about the process of floor stripping and also book free estimate in London area. You would like our experts to inspect your flooring and its condition and if the stripping method is certainly needed, they will advise you the right products, depending on the type of wood and prior wax finish. Floor strippers are pretty powerful solvents and applying them need extra caution. It is common thing even for experienced industrial cleaning workers to make certain mistakes during the stripping procedure. We observe the London high standards and provide excellent job, but here are some common mistakes, which can be avoided and how to prevent them.
- Knowing the type of wood floor is really important, because stripping is pretty powerful and intense process and may destroy some types of wood.
- Applying big amount of wood floor stripper at one. You would like to work in small portions for even stripping. Also, working on big areas, you can't focus on some details. If there are deeper scratches and gaps in your flooring, the solvent can penetrate through and cause damages, also react with wood floor adhesive.
- Not removing the solvent after the stripping service. Now, there are many floor strippers on London market today, which don't need to be removed afterwards. We like to be extra cautious and safe and remove the layers of stripper once it has affected on the old wax finish and done its job.
- Using already used equipment, mop and bucket. Even if your mop looks extra clean, if it is used at least one, it has already collected fine dust. Dust and dirt could fail the whole floor stripping process and easily scratch the wood, which is already treated with aggressive product. And that leads us to the next mistake.
- Not cleaning your floor before and in between the stages of the wood floor stripping. You need perfectly clean floor, especially between application of stripper layers, when there will be dirt and particles from wax.