Parquet may look like interior design component with rich history and it really is. When firstly Louis XIV replaced all the marble floors in the Palace of Versailles with parquet, I guess he has never expected this type of flooring to become one of the most popular worldwide centuries later. Well, we can imagine why – after hundreds of years of ball dances, parquet floors still look in super condition and sturdy. Parquet sanding hasn't existed back then, otherwise we would be happy to renovate it for the king himself for free! Instead, Flooring Services London can give you free advice and estimate and do the sanding job for your London house to look better than a castle! Our parquet floor sanding services are designed to restore even the most worn and tired floors back to their original timeless beauty and glory.
Parquetry is this geometric composition of similar wood pieces, which creates mosaic block patterns for flooring (also can be used for furniture projects). Parquet patterns are completely angular – squares, triangles, lozenges. Materials used vary from standard one like oak, maple, walnut, cherry, etc. to expensive kinds from mahogany and exotic hardwoods. Difference in materials provide a ton varieties of styles, colors and finishes, but also have to be treated differently, since every type of wood has its specifies. However, parquet floors are pretty easy to maintain and repair.
Parquet floor restoration in London is, of course, the key to these glossy – looking almost like mirror surface you know from floors from NBA league. We are happy to announce that you can have NBA inspired parquetry right in your London home without breaking the bank! Our parquet floor sanding services are dedicated not just to improve your favourite floor in terms of appearance, but mostly take care of all surface imperfections and improve its condition, minimizing the risk of more serious issues. Just call us for more information, until then here is the main things for parquet blocks sanding you have to know:
- There is controversy about the direction of sanders when it comes to parquet sanding but we know the right way to prevent as much cross-grain sanding as possible and can do that for you.
- We use diverse grit belts for our machines. Because of the design and difference in the direction when installed, parquet is easy to damage when sanded. Our work is precise because if we attack the floor straight like a strip floor, we will cause humps. Therefore, our parquet floor sanding treatment is designed for parquetry only and we use various types of sanders to achieve flawless smoothness and evenness of the surface of the floor.
- Moving on opposite diagonals is important for even manipulation and creating a smooth surface. That way we can remove scratches caused by previous grits.
- Parquet sanding usually requires three passes with abrasive along the way if needed, to create a super flat floor.
- Next step is using gap filler, depending on the floor's condition. We make that right before buffing. Buffing creates a completely smooth surface, ready for top layers to be applied.
- If you want your parquet floors stained, this should be done right before finishing layers. Then finish can be applied of your choice. Glossy or matt, oil-, wax-based or lacquer.
- When the finishing layer is dry, we double-check the whole floor by hand and do some hand sanding if needed.
Parquet floor sanding is always better left in the hands of experienced and knowledgeable professionals. Since there is a risk of parquet floor sanding against the grain which will distress the parquet blocks and lead to quicker wear and tear, it is recommended to not plan parquet floor sanding as a DIY project and better leave it for someone with the right set of skills and a great array of professional equipment to take care of your floor. After parquet sanding service even super damaged floors shine with fresh new beauty. Parquet is often a sign of luxury and classic style and you have to pay attention every few years.